Sat, Apr 22|
Spirit Rock Meditation Center
The Time is Now: Showing Up for the Planet
Meditation, music, community -- all for Mother Earth!
Time & Location
Apr 22, 9:20 AM – 3:00 PM
Spirit Rock Meditation Center, 5000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd Box 169, Woodacre, CA 94973, USA
About the Event
I'll be sharing a song or two at this event at Spirit Rock. Come for a day of healing, connection, contemplation, and action.
A Benefit for Spirit Rock and One Earth Sangha
Teacher Hosts: James Baraz, Rhonda Magee, Mark Coleman, and Kristin Barker
This Earth Day gathering will be a time to connect with each other in community to share our love and care for the Earth, feel any grief or other strong responses to the climate situation, and learn how to move through stuck places into inspiring action. The arc of day will be “From Heartbreak to Engagement” with three components: Wisdom, Community, and Action. The day is intended to honor the truth of where we are and offer teachings focused on not getting stuck in grief or despair but could lead to inspired action.
We start with the Heartbreak of acknowledging the situation is dire, and while there’s no foregone conclusion around where it’s going to end, there’s no denying that there’s going to be heavy dukkha. Then we will focus on:
Wisdom: Offering teachings and practices to decrease reactivity, increase resilience
Community: Realizing I’m not alone and that it feels really good–enlivening, inspiring, and invigorating–when we join with others to help each other hold the pain
Action: As Angeles Arrien teaches, “Action absorbs anxiety.” When we work together our individual efforts turn into inspiring action, which is contagious.
Being in community helps us embrace the sorrows and the joys and leads to a wholehearted commitment for wise stewardship of the Earth. With compassion and humility, we begin to understand our place as co-inhabitants, and take on the joyful responsibility to do our part to protect this planet and all the life it supports as an act of love.
We will enjoy presentations, meditation, and music, and connect with like-minded friends who celebrate the Earth by committing to be, as best we can, agents of healing for the planet and all living beings.
We hope you will join us!
Tentative Schedule: (subject to change) 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Sessions with James Baraz, Rhonda Magee, and Lyla June 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Meal break 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Sessions with Mark Coleman and Kristin Barker
Online Sliding Scale: $0-$108 (Online) Our sliding scale options for this program will support One Earth Sangha and Spirit Rock.
*Important Notes: Access to Recording
A recording will be available for all participants (on land & online) following the program in approximately 10 days. You will have ~90 days from the original program date to view the recording.
- The on-land day program will take place in the Community Meditation Center in the Great Hall.
- Bring a lunch. Lunch will not be provided.
On-Land COVID-19 Protocols
- Proof of Negative Test Result: All practitioners must bring proof (a photo or actual test) of a same-day negative antigen test that they have taken prior to arrival. Individuals will not be admitted to the retreat if the test result is positive for COVID-19.
- Proof of Vaccination + Booster (at least 1) is Required: You will be required to present your vaccination + booster card and picture ID at the door to gain admittance. No proof, no admittance.
- Masking: Masking will be optional in the Community Meditation Center (CMC) in the lower campus. (Masking is still required in the upper campus.) We will be following California’s use of the CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levels to inform us of which prevention actions to use. We strongly recommend you decide which prevention behaviors to use and when, based on your own risk for severe illness and that of members of your household, their risk tolerance, and setting-specific factors.
- PLEASE READ – Details on our current COVID Safety Protocols for In-person Retreats/Programs.